Pick Your Own Strawberries
At Redberry Farm, the Garden Route’s favourite family destination, you can pick your own strawberries at their freshest and juiciest, straight from the field.
Choose a container size at the Farm Stall and head off to the strawberry picking fields where the real fun begins. A variety of strawberries are grown at Redberry Farm, each with their own unique size and flavour.
Pick strawberries like a pro
- Bend down and look through the plants, moving the leaves away to search for the best berries.
- Select a berry that is bright red and does not have a white shoulder.
- Inspect the berry to make sure it is healthy with no marks.
- Break the strawberry off just above calyx by holding the stalk between your thumb and index finger and use a snapping motion to break off the strawberry stalk.
- Fill your container with sweet red strawberries and then exit the field. Enjoy!
- Every person entering the fields must have their own container, which can be purchased at the Farm Stall.
- For hygiene reasons, no eating is allowed in the fields. Once your container is full and you have exited the field, the eating can begin.
- Picking is available from Monday to Saturday.
- Strawberry picking is weather dependent.