Explore the largest permanent hedge maze in the Southern Hemisphere!
Tucked away in the town of George, in the Garden Route, is one of the most remarkable attractions in South Africa. The maze consists of seven strawberry stations, a 25m underground tunnel and a look-out point – found within 10km of pathways. The hedges are grown from over 30 000 Syzygium Paniculatum plants.
Your goal is not to navigate your way to the exit, like in a traditional maze, but rather to find all seven strawberry stations hidden inside and to stamp your maze card with the unique icon at each station. You can claim a reward at the end only if you present your maze card stamped with the seven unique icons.
Discover the secrets of a strawberry amidst the labyrinth of passages.
Before you enter the Maze
- Put on sunscreen and a hat… unless you prefer looking like a strawberry.
- Take a very important visit to the bathroom – no need to explain why.
- Buy a bottle of water from the Farm Stall to take in with you. You’re guaranteed to get thirsty!
- At the center of the maze, be sure to climb up to the deck to get an aerial view of the labyrinth.
- Take a photo at the strawberry selfie board.
- Walk through the 25m tunnel.
- Go through the one-way door into the labyrinth…
- Take a selfie with a scarecrow.
- Be able to quote at least five strawberry facts when you finish.
- Find all seven strawberry stations hidden inside and to stamp your maze card with the unique icon at each station.
We recommend entering the maze by 2pm the latest to ensure you have enough time to complete the maze before Redberry Farm closes at 4pm.
The maze can be conquered on Mondays to Saturdays, except Good Friday and Christmas Day when Redberry Farm is closed.
All our activities are weather dependent.