Explore the largest permanent hedge maze in the Southern Hemisphere!
Tucked away in the town of George, in the Garden Route, is one of the most remarkable attractions in South Africa. The maze consists of seven strawberry stations, a 25m underground tunnel and a look-out point – found within 10km of pathways. The hedges are grown from over 30 000 Syzygium Paniculatum plants.
The Redberry Farm Hedge Maze was planted in 2010, and only opened for public in 2013. It took 3 years for the trees to grow to an appropriate height to be classified as a maze.
Your goal is not to navigate your way to the exit, like in a traditional maze, but rather to find all seven strawberry stations hidden inside and to stamp your maze card with the unique icon at each station. You can claim a reward at the end only if you present your maze card stamped with the seven unique icons.
Booking is not required, tickets are available from the Farm Stall.
Discover the secrets of a strawberry hidden inside the Hedge Maze!
I came. I saw. I conquered
Conquer the largest permanent hedge maze in the Southern Hemisphere.
Before you enter the Maze
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a hat.
- Visit the bathroom before entering the maze, there are no facilities inside the maze.
- Stay hydrated! Purchase a bottle of water from the Farm Stall to take in with you.
- At the center of the maze, be sure to climb up to the deck to get an aerial view of the labyrinth.
- Take a photo at the strawberry selfie board.
- Walk through the 25m tunnel.
- Go through the one-way door into the labyrinth…
- Take a selfie with a scarecrow.
- Be able to quote at least five strawberry facts when you finish.
- Find all seven strawberry stations hidden inside and to stamp your maze card with the unique icon at each station.
- We recommend entering the maze by 2pm the latest to ensure you have enough time to complete the maze before Redberry Farm closes at 4pm.
- The maze can be conquered on Mondays to Saturdays, except Good Friday and Christmas Day when Redberry Farm is closed.
- All our activities are weather dependent.
- For health and safety reasons no dogs / pets are allowed onto the premises. Only guide dogs are permitted.
Sorry no pets allowed
For health and safety reasons no dogs / pets are allowed onto the premises. Only guide dogs are permitted.